domingo, 13 de mayo de 2007

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

I've told you a bit about my mom. She plans well for big events and she is a great cook. But there is so much more. I have determined that my mom would fit well in the Mexican culture. This country is a relationship first type of culture. Nothing could describe my mother better. It's because of her that I feel like I don't know a stranger. I've been told my mom got that from her father. I didn't know my grandfather but he must of been something. My mom is the type that introduces herself to just about anybody. Background, looks, demeanor, really nothing seemed to stand in her way. In fact, I think if she encountered a grumpy person, that's the one my mom seeks out. She seems to see it as a personal challenge to turn that person's attitude around.
My mom is great with children. You might say she had some practice with her own 6 children. She had so many things that she would offer us. Magazines, games, the outdoors, our dog. We were never without opportunities to learn. She should her love in so many ways. Cooking city chicken for your birthday meal. Sitting in her lap so that she could do, "Head knocker". The way she combed my hair when I was sick. I realize know I was one of 6. How did she find the time to make us all feel special.
My mom has a great sense of humor. I know growing up I didn't appreciate that as much as now. Laughter and the ability to see humor in things can take you far. I praise God that I'm like my mother in many ways. My mom is funny, but appreciating humor is just as important.
I have realized that I could fill up the blog about my Mother. But I guess to truly appreciate her is knowing her. Praise God that he picked her out for me. I love you, Mom.

1 comentario:

the ewings dijo...

Great discription of our beautiful Mother! You got the details down just right! Happy Mother's Day! You like our Mom - are a wonderful Mother!