jueves, 10 de mayo de 2007

An extra special Mexican Mother's Day


May 10th is Mother's Day in Mexico. I wasn't expecting to celebrate until Sunday the day we celebrate in the states. My boys brought me a painted pot with flowers planted in them and I recieved pictures from them too. My heart was touched and I love my kids so much. After dinner another unexpected gift came. A girl Marilin, Beth and Todd's 21 yr. old daughter gave me a big hershey kiss for mother's day. I was touched. Then shortly thereafter as I was making pretzels for a class snack for tomorrow, about 15 preteen girls from Casa Hogar Douglas came to my door and sang a Mexican mother's day song. As I stood at my door, I realized these girls who weren't spending this special day with their mothers( for many various reasons) had every reason to be sad and instead through the leadership of their caretaker decided to share their love and joy with the mother's of Back2Back. Fighting the tears back, I thanked each one as they each greeted me and wished me a happy mother's day. The love of Christ allows us to respond like these girls. On a day that they could have spent miserable and wishing things were different for themselves, God allowed them to share their love and appreciation to others. Monica and Teresa who spent the day with our family in April were among the girls that came. It indeed was a great Mother's day.

No hay comentarios: