jueves, 24 de mayo de 2007

Actions speak louder than words.

This past weekend we took a retreat to plan and get prepared for our busy summer. On the last afternoon, Juan, one of the house parents took the jovens (teens) and a few of the staff rappelling. Greg and I both wanted to go however one of us needed to be with the boys and Greg allowed me to go since he had rappelled once before. We came down about 120 feet then walked along a part of the rock then came down another little bit about 40 feet more. It was very rewarding, beautiful, challenging and a definite mind over matter moment. I was the second to last person to go. It was interesting seeing many teens doing this for the first time. Many frightened and yet facing their fears and feeling fulfilled by the accomplishment. As I stood there watching all these kids go over the cliff, I couldn't help but think of all the sermons that was being given without the words having to be said. Sermons about trusting in someone to have your life in their hands......about where do you go and what do you do when you are experiencing your fears.........how God has given us each other to spur one another on in love and good deeds......oh so many things taught that day over just a few hours that may not have been heard if given in a sermon.




yes this is me. By the time I went the clouds rolled in not allowing for much light and therefore blurred pictures.

1 comentario:

the ewings dijo...

You are way braver than me. How cool to do that with all those great kids!