martes, 6 de marzo de 2007

Jealousy in Ministry?

There is something really not right about being jealous about others experiencing "great" ministry when it doesn't seem like you are. I share this in hopes people will pray for Greg and I as we are experiencing similar things just with different perspectives.
Greg's role is very active in ministry. His days are full of going to the various children's homes, learning the ways of planning projects, discerning the needs of the children, the workers and the facilities. He is learning how to get places, how to order supplies or foods, who to go to, who not to, etc. Somedays are very overwhelming. Somedays are very fullfilling.
My (Cathy) day on many days is just like it is in Indiana. I get the kids ready for school, go grocery shopping, do the wash, clean our house, taxes, budget, pour on suntan lotion on our boys before they go out to play, make breakfast, lunch and dinner. OK, I'm sure you got the drift about the "do the wash" part. In the states, I struggled with the mom ministry. I totally know it is of utmost importance to raise our boys well. Somedays it seems like I'm missing out. When Greg's schedule allows, I do get to go on ministry one day of the week. And ministry moments happen around campus more than I first realized. But like a lot of times, the grass always seems greener on the other side.
I guess I'm asking for prayer for contentment. I love the times I get to spend with my boys. Truth be told they spent a big part of their day with friends outside building, digging and riding bikes. God has enabled me to learn more Spanish while sitting with other Moms. Practicing as much as I can. Ben, Luke and Mark are using their Spanish a lot which has helped me be bolder.
Pray for quality down time for Greg and contentment for me. This topic is bigger than this little blog but for now I feel better. Thanks for letting me share.

2 comentarios:

lbre969903 dijo...

Glad to hear the boys are having fun. Probably more free there since they don't have a major road right outisde there door. Just started a Women's Bible Study at church, will add you to the prayer request. Love the pictures! It looks like Luke got his hair all cut off. When I got the Cooper's newsletter for this month, I saw the group picture with Greg in it. It was kind of like he was a celebrity, I was saying to myself, I finally recognize someone in these pictures. Cool idea with the blog. I have added it to my favorites list..
Miss you - Leslie Hine

Mike dijo...

As a stay at home Dad there are many things that get to me, including the ever present "Oh, today is a day out with Dad? How are you handling it?" To which "your an idiot" comes to mind but is never said. However, your thoughts about Ministry have come to my mind too many times. I guess recently I've thought about my mom and also my grandma who have "slaved" away at their houses for years quietly serving. My mom had 6 boys, she was even lucky to get to goto church sometimes let alone have a ministry. I have wondered if they felt satisfied or not and then it hit me, who am I? I owe SO much to my mom and how she took time to raise me, the impact I have on the world is also her impact on the world through me. The impact my kids have on the world is also a direct result of her too, so her "ministry" will never end even after she is gone. I understand it is hard for her to feel that impact but it is my job to let her know. In a real way I struggle with that because I was in Ministry for many years before Caryn and I made the tough decision for me to stay at home. So I remember vividly what I could be doing. It is hard. Anyway, I hope at least this comment will let you know that you are not alone, but in a real and sometimes hidden way you are having a HUGE ministry doing just what you are doing.

Caryn and I keep you guys in our prayers - love the pics too.

Mike