lunes, 19 de marzo de 2007

Heaven.....I'm in Heaven

I know you may not be able to tell this by the look on my face in this picture but I'm happier than a clam. Yes clams are usually quite happy creatures. Last night a large group from Oklahoma came. They have been regulars here at B2B and they like to host all of the Casa Hogar's here on campus for a cookout when they arrive. Because some children went home to see family yesterday we only had about 200-300 people here. It was a fiesta. A great time of playing, eating, singing in worship, hearing testimonies and listening to one of the directors give a talk. The night was a lot of fun. Something that energizes the extrovert in me. I had the opportunity to play basketball, throw frisbee, push little ones on a swing, talk with my limited spanish to some teens I knew. I had laughed, hugged and played to my hearts content when I saw Beth (B2B director) walking my way with an adorable little girl, Pamela. Beth was giving the Casa Hogar workers a little break by finding Americans to help with the little ones. As Beth placed Pamela in my arms, I got a renewed sense of how good God is. When we seek out to serve Him, He gives us the desires of our hearts. As I stood/sat with Pamela clinging to me, I felt so grateful for all God does for me. That he cares for us all. He know us. Not just like"Hi, how are you."knows us. He knew that nothing would make me happier than to have a little one clinging to me and eventually fall asleep on my chest.
We have many moments when Greg and I wonder what God really called us here for. What can we offer to Him. This is what I think it means "to delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Ps 37:4) Gracias Senoir.

1 comentario:

the ewings dijo...

What you said at the end stirs inside of me something I heard this week. We all give God whatever we have - and frankly lots of times its not much. It's like the boy who offered his lunch. It was described as a Hebrew version of a lunchable to feed the HUGE crowd. But God only asks that we give what we have and HE does great things with it. I love that picture. I know you all have great things to offer, but even when we have the equivalent of a Hebrew lunchable - if we offer it too, HE is ABLE to do GREAT things with it! Love hearing what our BIG God is doing in your wonderful lives and how you are the willing boy to give what you have!