miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2007

Do you ever feel attacked?

Today I'm under the weather. My body is fighting a sinus infection that has turned to laryngitis. I hate that. It bugs me that I have to sit out today. There was a lot going on today that I had the chance to be involved in. An international lunch with our three boys and the other kids and their mothers at school. Today was the day I was going to go with the group to the Rio or Cadereyta. Then I was going to have the chance to debrief the group. All of that is put on hold. I know I need to rest so that my body could have the chance to fight this virus. This virus isn't all I have been fighting lately. Never before have I felt so under attack by Satan.
We've been here about 42 days. In those few weeks, I have felt like Satan is exposing every ugly thing inside of me- my low self esteem, my body image hang-ups, my anger, my dependency on other people, my feelings of inadequacy, loneliness, my performance determining my worthiness, the list seems to go on and on. I know what I need to take and do to attack Satan like my body is attack this infection. The word of God needs to penetrate my heart. Jesus used Scripture to fight Satan in the wilderness. Showing us the key to fight him ourselves. Daily time of solitude for prayer and mediation. I have found out how little I know the source of strength that Jesus gives us in his Holy Spirit. What a powerful tool we have to fight anything that Satan throws our way. I have spoke to many here and I know that I am not alone in my struggles. God has given me peace today and I lift up those who are taking my place so that my body can recover and fight this infection. Please pray for us as Satan preys on us wanting to keep us from doing what God would have us do. Pray that God would work in us to depend on him more and more making Satan weak and unable to effect the work of the Lord. Are you feeling attacked? Do you see it as Satan or just a bad day? Is it just one of those times of the year? Are you in the word? Are you relying on God to do the battle?
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers, of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of the evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12

3 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

I will say a prayer for you and your family. I hope you get to feeling better!!! We all miss you. Tell everyone I said HOLA!!

Kyle G. dijo...

Yo he ligado tu blog a mi página del blog de la joven.

Gracias por tu página del blog.

Pardon por mi espanol malo.

Randy dijo...

My first day back to work and was looking at back2back's web site and found you and Greg's blog. I just want you and all involved to know what a very exciting and very memorable experience you and all your colleges prepared for us. I can tell you personally, I am not the same man I was when I left to go to Mexico.

Thank you
In Christ
Randy Baker
The Kings Academy