lunes, 12 de marzo de 2007

How's your sermon?

Hey guys, it's me Greg. Cathy has been doing such a great job with the Blog stuff, she has such a knack for it, but from time to time I will post an entry myself.

Never in a million years did I ever envision myself preaching in another land, yet this past Sunday, the Lord blessed me with that opportunity. The majority of the B2B Monterrey staff attend a Spanish speaking church here called Nuevo Pacto. The pastor of the church, Pastor Rene, is a dear friend of the ministry and does a great deal for us in many different ways. Last week, he called and offered me the opportunity to preach this Sunday. He would translate. Preaching is one of the things I miss most about pastoral ministry, so while a little anxious about preaching to a foreign crowd, I accepted the invitation.

Anyway, word got around on our campus that I was going to be preaching, and people were very excited. Most of our staff speak decent to very good Spanish, but they have said that there is just something about hearing a sermon in your own tongue.

There is a certain young man here, Rudolpho, who has grown up in the children's homes and is now in college in our Hope Ministry. He is a solid man of God, and just the nicest guy around. One night he came up to me and said, "So, I hear you are preaching Sunday." I said, "Yes, that's right." We small talked a little bit and then I playfully asked him, "So Rudolpho, when are you preaching?"

I love his answer. He said, "I'm ready. I am the Lord's servant." Then he went on to say, "I preach a sermon everyday."

Isn't that awesome?! It hit me that there are many days when my sermons flat out stink! Let me ask you, how's your sermon?

No hay comentarios: