sábado, 3 de marzo de 2007

"I don't get home sick"

That simple sentence has stuck in my head today. I've thought about it a lot. I was talking to a young adult who has been away from his family since he was 10. He currently lives with 7 other boys in high school or college and his house parents. You see he is due to graduate from school this year and I was talking to him about if he was excited about graduating and what he wants to do following college. He admitted that he is both excited and scared. A common feeling shared by most graduating seniors I believe. I asked him if he had siblings and he immediately said the other boys in his house along with one brother and 2 sisters who lived ~2 hours from here. When we discussed his dreams, he said he'd love to travel to another country. I asked him if he'd miss his family. His response has been quite thought provoking. "I don't get homesick." "It's good, but kinda sad too." The conversation moved on but for some reason I couldn't. I was careful not to pry but I couldn't help but think about the impact that his family or lack there of has played in his life. God has developed this young man with so many skills and talents. He demonstrates leadership qualities, and intelligence. Lord, I pray for his heart. Hurt that I'm sure that I have no idea. Ways of protecting himself to aviod more pain. Lord, I pray for these walls and that he would be able to experience love that allows him to be homesick. It doesn't seem like something one should pray for. But I pray he experiences love in such a way that it may be possible someday.

1 comentario:

the ewings dijo...

I can't even imagine. Since Caroline and I get home sick when we go too far away for the day.:) Love your blog and can't wait to see it on a regular bases.