domingo, 18 de noviembre de 2007

It's raining, and hailing,,,,,

Yesterday a handful of us were on the porch talking. As we stood there we began to notice a storm coming in over the mountains. We saw the streaks of rain developing over the mountains. As we continued to watch, we heard a slight roaring sound. To me it was like listening to rain on our tin roof while we are inside of our apartment. However here we were sitting outside. We were hearing the hail approach our property. It was a wild experience. Before we knew it, it was upon us. pea size hail . What seemed so cool soon became scary and harmful. I was reminded by my neighbor that my oldest boys were in our apartment alone and I might want to check on them. Upon entering our house, I couldn't see them. I had to yell over the pounding hail on our roof. After a short bit I found them hiding in their bunk beds. Scared and wondering what was happening. After a little coaxing I drew them out to see the beauty of the hail and the storm. It was interesting to me that my feelings toward the hail had everything to do with where I was. Inside I felt safe and interested in the storm. Outside I was overwhelmed and scared. I think this is true with many things like trials, suffering and death. When we have Christ in our lives we aren't spared the hardships but we are assured His divine power for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). Its difficult to put into words when God impresses my heart. I pray that he will connect the dots for you.

1 comentario:

the ewings dijo...

Wow! Wished we could have experienced it with you! Love the change of weather! Were you truely scared? Sounds like your boys were. Is hail a rarity there?
Miss you! - Chris