jueves, 1 de noviembre de 2007

"Feliz Cumplianos a Ti!"






Recently Greg helped lead a group to Rayitos de Luz. The group threw a party for the kids to celebrate birthdays. We do this every other month and celebrate the birthdays of the kids who had birthdays in those months. It was extra special for this Casa Hogar. They don't have much and these are children from the Rio area. Many of the parents of these kids have given these kids with little desire to visit or see them. For some parents (I believe) its too hard to face that they were unable to care for their own children. Therefore a clean break is easier to handle such a tough decision. Because these children don't have much, they appreciate everything. There was such happiness about the things that they received. However no remote controls were given, no computer games or high dollar things. These children were grateful for the cupcake cake, the few items they could call their own. I was touched when I saw these faces and God convicted my heart when I desire more and more. God is teaching me the joy in relationships not so much in things. By the way, if you want to know my Christmas list.........

No hay comentarios: