lunes, 29 de junio de 2009

The simple things can make all the difference


My niece was here last week. She was training for soccer conditioning this summer. Trying to be a good aunt, I ran with her while she was here. A few of the nannies saw that I was running and asked to come along. When I said yes, the were so excited. They exclaimed it will be like last year. They continued to tell me how Corrie Guckenberger had taken them last year to the running park in the mornings and prayed on the way home, listening to their favorite worship song. As I listened I realized the impact that one hour had on them. What was cool, is I too had this experience with Corrie as she continued the run/prayer practice with me. As I thought about this for a while, I was impressed that something so simple, taking someone along on a run and praying at the end had such a huge impact. I think God wants us to do this more often. I wonder what opportunities He might give me if I listened and was more aware. Thanks Corrie for being obedient to God. Your impact still felt.

No hay comentarios: