miércoles, 17 de junio de 2009

How God is sheltering Sarahi..........




There has been a faithful donor who on a very regular basis has sent money for this adorable girl at the Rio. Her name is Sarahi. She is 8 and is finishing 2nd grade. With the money that is sent in, it has paid for school, stables for her family when they were without food, and other necessities for Sarah and her family. Recently I told Meme that I needed to talk to her mother, to see what they needed as I had some money sent in for her. Meme informed me that Sarahi's mother had kicked her out of the house and that her grandmother took her in. Sarahi has a younger sister and her mom currently is pregnant with twins. Her younger sister was allowed to stay. I have had many people, Meme, Sarahi and her grandmother try and explain this to me and I can't understand how this can happen. The hurt is seen on Sarahi when she asked another woman and myself to pray for her. As I prayed I told her that this was not a surprise to God and that He had already had placed someone in the states to care for her. That was just one way God was showing her that He loves her. I don't know what a girl that age can understand but her countenance changed. I shared our theme verse of Psalm 91:1-2
"He that dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress. My God, in whom, I trust."
As Sarahi learns to trust the Lord, He is showing her how He can shelter her through her grandmother, through the US donor and others who are praying for her. Amen.

No hay comentarios: