sábado, 6 de junio de 2009

First Day of Summer





We are in the thick of it again. Here are some photos of our groups hanging out with two of the children's homes we serve. One photo is of two of our interns Emily and Andrea and Christy who is on staff. I was reminded of how good God is as I saw group members playing with kids, showing them love despite their inability to speak the language. At dinner I sat with five high school students from South Dakota and three of our high school teens that live here on campus. I was reminded of how similar teens are no matter where you are born. One of our girls learned that these kids were from a Spanish class. She asked if they were required to come for their class of if they wanted to come. One girl spoke up quickly stating that she wanted to come. The Mexican teen shook her head and said why would you come here and work on your vacation. The American teen said, I am here because God wants me here and I want to do what he asks of me. I was beaming knowing God was at work in both of there lives. At worship tonight God impressed upon me to pray for a friend that I know who is hurting. After worship was over I went to pray for her, to pray for healing. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to healing but God does. We prayed. I walked away knowing I was obedient and leaving all the rest up to the Lord.
What a great day. Lord, may I be obedient in all you ask me to do and find your rest and joy. Amen.

No hay comentarios: