martes, 9 de junio de 2009

Happy Birthday Milagros



This is my friend Milagros. She turned 17 today. I have known her for 2 years now. When I met her, she rarely left her community except to go visit family. She wanted to be a hairdresser and work out of her home. She was social but had few friends. God is expanding her life. Because of the support of a church in Cincinnati, she has had the opportunity to go to school and learn sign language. She is being introduced to computers, and a life outside of her community. She still might want to be a hairdresser but now she thinks of teaching children who are also deaf. She is begging her mom to let her travel to school by herself. She has so much more confidence and more friends as well. This video is taken at Milagros' school. They are singing the Mexican birthday song and singing it as well. Sorry because you will hear me trying to sing the song that I don't really know the words to. I love how God brings people together to be His hands and feet to the world.

No hay comentarios: