domingo, 1 de junio de 2008

I wished all my entries could be happy....


last night we were watching the boys play video games. Ok I was watching, Greg was playing. Our friend Matt came to the door and told us of the news that Meme's husband Don Lalo had dying late that afternoon. You can look back and see my other blogs of Meme. She is a strong woman for God who has a ministry in her neighborhood along the river. Her husband has a huge heart for animals and was breaking in a horse. This is a favorite pastime for him. The horse threw him then fell on top of him, killing him. Needless to say his unexpected death has caught us all off guard. Before I go on, I need to tell you he was a Christian. And his future is secure in heaven with the Lord Jesus Christ.
With that said, today was a hard, sad, and yet fantastic day. It was typical Meme and Lalo style. When we arrived at 1:00, they had just brought the body to there house. The funeral was in the commodore where Meme has her soup kitchen. One thing I like about the people here is they don't appear to be ashamed about their feelings. Getting out of the car, I heard loud wails of sorrow. Family and friends who like me couldn't believe it. Later today, I was able to sit through two of the three services. We sang, we listened to the gospel and we worshiped the Lord. If you know Meme, its typical Meme worshiping the Lord even in the depths of missing her dearest love. I love the way people linger. They didn't have appointments to go to, or TV to watch. There were probably 200-250 people there for hours. It wasn't about saying the right thing, or wearing the right thing. It was about being there for one another. Someone took a photo of Don Lalo in the casket and gave it to Meme. She held that photo so close to her heart. I don't have anything profound that I took away from today, but I was moved. I just know that I am different. Please pray for Meme. She will not have it easy without Lalo. They had been married 35 years. Thank you for your continued prayers, its an honor to serve with you here.
Cathy

No hay comentarios: