sábado, 23 de enero de 2010

Two sides of my path





Yesterday morning, Hope, Julie , Meme and I prayed and walked around the Rio. Quite often when we visit there we stop and pray with people as we visit. Yesterday we did a little of that but mainly concentrated on praying against spiritual warfare found in the Rio. God revealed to me the reality of sin and how it opens doors to satan's scheme. As we walked on a path down by the river I was overtaken by the contrast on either side of this path. On one side was a reflection of God's creation. A beautiful river, that appeared clear, the green plant life and trees that lined both sides. As I looked I couldn't help but praise God for his creation. He has given us so much beauty to enjoy. In the very same spot that I stood, I turned to the other side to behold not just a pile but a slew of garbage lining the embankment of the river. To me this represented the sin that spills out from our lives. What seems like a little thing we refused to forgive someone for grows to become a breeding ground full of infection and sickness that could lead to death if we aren't careful. We did stop at one house after hearing harsh words coming from inside. It was a mom with three daughters. As we stood to pray for her I felt overwhelmed for her hurt and how in return she was passing that on to her children. As we prayed we glanced down to see beer cans littering the ground. God has victory through His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus has come to be light in a dark world. We prayed for the people of the Rio and in our lives as well that Jesus would bring light to expose our darkness. That Jesus would move in and clean up our garbage filled ravines so that we can reflect His beauty.
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within Me." Psalms 51

No hay comentarios: