miércoles, 13 de enero de 2010

Don't want to bury it in a coffee can.

Marlene helping these kids learn John 3:16
Ashley and another girl at the soup kitchen learning John 3:16
It seems like my blog has gotten to be a lot of reporting about what happens here. Truthfully, I think that's ok and what keeps people posted on the goings on here in Monterrey. But I want to be careful to report the heart issues also not just the money things. Some times I use this site to ask people to give and then thank those that gave. Today I just wanna try and be in this blog entry.
One great thing about my job is we pray for something......like food for the kids or God to provide for the soup kitchen or a job for a family, or to heal the hurts of the orphans, or that a teen would come to know the Lord. And when God answers I get to somehow be a part of it. So many times I feel like the guy who is on the sweepstakes and comes to the door with great news for people. God often touches the hearts of people and they give in a way that meets a need sometimes before we even know about it. Recently in my time with God, I am discovering the many gifts and power that is available through my relationship with the Lord and the power of the Holy Spirit. I am awakening to the idea of needing to share this freely as if I have a check for 1 million dollars for an un-expecting person answering the door. Indeed we are truly rich with our relationship with Jesus and the gift of the power of Holy Spirit as we are showered by the love of the Heavenly Father. I won't stop sharing of what the Lord is doing here on our campus, in the children's homes we serve or in the Rio areas that we minister in. However my prayer is that I may ring the door and invite you to share in the riches of the Lord Jesus and all that is available to us.
This reminds me of a song from Steven Curtis Champman
called Live Out Loud. Goes like this.
"Got a phone call from Regis asking if I wanna be a millionaire
They put me on the show and I win with two lifelines to spare.
Picture this, act like nothing ever happened, bury all the money in a coffee can
I've been given more than Regis ever gave away,
I was a dead man who was called out of my grave."
I think its time for making some noise..... Wake the neighbors, let the word out.
Come on, crank up the music, climb a mountain and shout
We have life that's worth living, let there be no doubt
Lalalalala Live Out Loud. " OK something like this.......My prayer is that we Live Out Loud.

No hay comentarios: