sábado, 9 de enero de 2010

I choose Joy



Seems like I have written this before. It seems like a lesson I have learned several times over. If I have written this, obviously I haven't really learned it yet and its worth repeating. When we first reflected on 2009, many bad or negative things came to our minds. Our car that was broken into in August, sickness and illnesses within our family, an Greg's uncle that past away, many unexpected expenses in the month of December. I won't bore you with all the others. Thinking about all of these things were getting us down. So we naturally thought, "Did anything good happen this year?" Greg had lassix eye surgery this year that went really well and allows him to see well without his heavy duty contacts, we were able to see family twice this year, we visited Mexico City with the kids school this fall. Even with the large expenses God kept us from having to borrow money. He had prepared our account to handle such a load. 1 Thessalonians says "Give thanks in all circumstances" not for all circumstances but in. The Lord is teaching me that in these circumstances if I focus on myself or the circumstances I am distraught and depressed but if I choose to seek God then I have Joy and thankfulness that only comes through Him. I have chosen Joy. So the next time something bad happens to you, will you give thanks? Will you trust God for who He is? Will you choose Joy? I pray I do.

No hay comentarios: