miércoles, 10 de diciembre de 2008

Reflection........


h
t

Reflections. Been thinking a lot lately about Christmas' past. Memories of laying under the tree and staring up at the ornaments that made my nose look big. Thoughts of falling asleep watching one of many Christmas classics. Christmas music piping through our house. Helping my mom make Christmas cookies. Helping my sister-in-law make her famous (atleast in our family and hers I'm sure) cherry tarts. Setting out the bayberry candle on Christmas Eve and keeping it in the sink when we went to bed to that it would continue to burn safely. Getting dressed up and going to church on cold, sometimes snowy Christmas Eve nights. I remember being alone in our living room with just the tree lights and the candles (the electric kind) in each window. I remember having the job of going around the house and turning all the lights on and knowing at night when I was sleeping my parents were going around the house turning them off. I remember being in elementary school or middle school and being excited to have my older brother and sisters returning from college or come in from out of town. Its funny to me what I remember and don't remember. Like I don't remember the gifts until I see a picture of something I recieved. Instead I remember spending time, laughing, sharing life with my family and friends. I remember times that were busy and those that were more mundane. I know I didn't think about it, but I remember those of security, of love, of feeling like I belonged. Thanks Mom and Dad for providing such great memories. I pray I can make some with my kids.

No hay comentarios: