miércoles, 10 de diciembre de 2008

Christmas Time, is it happy or sad?

When we think of Christmas it can be easy to think of the exciting and fun things that come with it. Parties, gifts, special foods, time with friends and family. However what I don't always realize is that for so many this isn't such a happy time of year. I know quite a few people who have lost loved ones and for them this will be their first Christmas without them. For some seeing others enjoy their families bring hurt as they don't experience fun with their families. As spending time with family comes hurt, missing expectations, and loneliness. This Christmas as we stay in Monterrey I'm experiencing sadness in missing my family. I'm also reminded of the many children that we serve. Some will have the chance to go home for the holidays. For some its a welcome homecoming. For others they walk into hurt, being faced with the parent (s) who gave them up to a children's home. For some kids they are hoping for love from their parent this Christmas only to be disappointed again. And for some kids they wish they could go home for Christmas break but for different reasons, no one will come to get them. Here at B2B, we will hold a Christmas Eve party, this is the day that most celebrate in Mexico. Those children in the homes we serve that won't go home for Christmas will come for a meal, a pinata, songs, and to belong to a bigger "family". I will miss being with my family this Christmas no doubt about it. However I look forward to spending this special time with a bigger "family". So this Christmas as God opens my eyes to the hurt of others with you join with me in prayer for these kids, for your neighbors who may have lost someone, for your famiy who may be struggling with financial problems, friends with hurt or sadness. I'm praying for the comfort, peace and joy (yes joy) that only can come through the love of Jesus Christ. I'm excited to share with you all about our party on the 24th.

No hay comentarios: