miércoles, 10 de diciembre de 2008

Got it sucked out of me........

Recently I've been serving others on my own. I got so busy doing for others I stopped connecting with God, stopped reading the Bible, stopped praying, stopped listening to where He wanted me to go. I had too much to do. You know, I was serving food, sharing Jesus, driving people to Dr. appts. All great stuff. But I was doing it. ME, ME, ME. And when it came to the end, I crashed. I was depressed, down, not wanting to do anything. I figured ok now it time for myself, that's what I need. TV, Chocolate, Pop (or soda) and a nap. After all that I was more down. I found myself bawling uncontrolably at a Bible Study over a small thing. God hit me between the eyes. When I serve on my terms, in my strength, without my daily, moment by moment plugging in- I am spent, washed out.
These next few days I'm recouping. Not with sugar and TV but with time with the Lord. Singing, reading, thinking, reflecting, confessing, praising, and maybe a nap. God is all I need. He gives us the other stuff as fluff but He is it. Are you feeling the hussle and bussle of the Christmas holiday. Maybe you've scaled back but you still are short with your family or friends. Maybe you've made time for yourself but it didn't seem to stick. God is calling you. He wants you to rest in his arms. His yoke is easy like it says in Matthew 11:28. Read it. Pray and He'll give you what you need whether you are relaxing or have a busy day.

No hay comentarios: