sábado, 14 de abril de 2007

Healing

I've been thinking a lot about healing lately. There is a staff women here that has recently experienced it. She was having pain and a raised area in her stomach area. She was told that she might have a hernia and she had a doctor's appointment set. The day of her appointment she attended a Bible Study. While she was there a women prayed for healing for her. When she went to the appointment the doctor could hardly tell where it was.
I recently took a Spiritual Gifts Inventory. Healing was in my top three scores. I believe that God heals. I know I'm timid in praying for it and I don't want to be. I find myself praying for healing but not boldly. I find myself wanting to give God an out. Like, please heal him, if you wanna. Of course God wants to but maybe there is a reason for the process that has eternal purpose. I'm memorizing a verse in 2 Corinthians that says,"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far out weighs them all." So I know that sometimes God may have us suffer and not take away all that we experience. So how much should we pray for healing? I am fearful that my pride will try and take credit for praying for such healing. Lord, keep me from trying to take credit for your awesome power. I pray for God to develop the gift of healing in me. I pray that I would be lead to pray. That I would feel powerless so that He can be powerful. I pray for boldness and conviction to pray more as I am lead.
Tonight a staff guy twisted his ankle in a basketball game. This is not life threatening or anything like that. But I do think that God cares for us even in these things. Would you pray for Antonio. Pray that God would heal his ankle in a supernatural way. Pray that there would be no other way to explain it but that he was touched by God and that we won't be surprised when it happens. Obviously, I don't have this praying for healing down and I'm learning. I do know we are to pray for healing. What do you think?

1 comentario:

Rich Cary dijo...

I think you are right on track with this. I think the real danger is in praying for healing without remembering that God is sovereign. I heard recently that the reason Ted Turner is so anti-Christian is because when he was a child his sister fell ill, he prayed for healing, and she died. As a result he wanted nothing to do with that kind of God. I think we are to pray boldly for healing, but remembering always God's greater purposes and the fact that we are all destined to one day die. Even Lazarus eventually died and his body stayed in the tomb...