jueves, 2 de octubre de 2008

God is bigger than the devil

Norma is the lady in the pink in the picture below. Each Tuesday she comes to my house and helps me clean. When she first came to our property last February I was very hesitant to have help. You know, we only have a three bedroom apartment and if I let her clean then what do I do? Plus a missionary with a maid? That just didn't seem right to me. But after praying about it I felt the Lord telling me that this is what I needed. Plus Greg loves a clean house and I hate to clean.
Greg liked it right away and I told myself that Norma is really just a paid friend. Funny huh. I made an appoint to fold clothes with her or work in the same room she was trying out my really poor Spanish. She would often roll her eyes with the frustration of not understanding my weak attempts. I often questioned if this was such a good idea. As time went on my Spanish became better (often through learning new words she used or having her write something down).
God has recently really used my relationship with Norma. Her family has own a lot of land in our neighborhood including out property at one time. However they slowly have sold it off to others. Just last week she was sharing with me about the spiritual things that have happened on our property. Satanic rituals, sexual acts beyond comprehension and even how her Aunt had seen Satan in her mirror. She said to me something in Spanish that I hadn't heard before and when I asked about it, she described her feeling toward Satan as a small child facing a bully and that she had fear of him. The Lord has ways of giving me great obvious suegways, in which I was able to ask her if she knew how she could not be afraid of Satan. As we folded clothes together I told her of how by dying on the cross for our sins and rising again Jesus defeated Satan once and for all. We only have power over him when we have Jesus in our lives and Jesus does our fighting for us. She said she needed to think that over. I look forward to more conversation with Norma while folding my laundry.

No hay comentarios: