viernes, 16 de mayo de 2008

One Anothering.......

This is the theme of our next year here at Back2Back beginning in June. One Another. We will be looking at, studying and living about all the one another's found in the Bible. I'm sure you can think of them with me - Love one another, encourage one another, submit to one another, forgive one another. Just to name a few. Yesterday 14 of us staff went to a place called Matacanes. Google it on the internet. It is a well know area to hike and do adventure kind of stuff. For us this included, climbing next to a waterfall, jumping off rocks into the water, swimming through a dark cave and lots of rock hiking, swimming and sliding down rocks. We completed our trek after 10 hours of really cold water, a little rain and a Lot of One Another. Mostly encouraging one another, loving one another, supporting one another, (figuratively and literally). After reading, studying and discussing all the one anothers over the last month of so, it is so God to show us this first hand. We all struggled during the day. For some it was falling, for others they struggled with high places to reach, for one, he twisted an ankle, for others they were struggling with fatigue or weakness. Each time the Lord provided what we needed. Sometimes it took, one of us laying down their bodies so that others could hold on. Sometimes others lifted up ones. Sometimes others carried those who could not walk. Each time I could see Jesus. When one suffered we all suffered and did not move on until we all came through ok.
Today I am sore. My knees are scraped. I am feeling my age. However my heart is dancing. And I have often replayed the moments in my mind. Thank you Lord for community, for how you have enabled us to share in one another's lives. I will post photos after we get our photos from our water camera developed.

1 comentario:

the ewings dijo...

This sounds like a wonderful experience of ONE ANOTHER. We are toying with the idea of making this our family theme for the summer as well. - Chris