lunes, 31 de marzo de 2008

If you don't feel like it, why do it........

I used to agree with this statement. I often would decide what I would do and how I'd live life by the way I feel. Often thinking maybe there is a reason I don't want to do this or that....... At about mid way through my life I have figured out the reason. At least for most of the time its laziness or disobedience.....not wanting to go out of my comfort zone or stretching myself. I am realizing that often I think Satan can get my seeing how much of an effort obeying God can be and I'm quickly justifying disobedience. Last week I had made plans to visit the Rio. No real reason just to visit. That right there gave me my first excuse to overcome. Meme doesn't know I'm going, I don't have to go. And still I knew God wanted me there. Thankfully God is good and patient and I believe I was able to hear his voice louder because I have been in a consistent quiet time lately. I went with a knot in my stomach not sure what to expect. Long story short, the Lord blessed my socks off. I spent an hour talking with a man recovering from gangreen. His life is a miracle and a second chance of sorts. Meme was speaking the truth in love and sharing Jesus with him. Juan listened, agreed and prayed with us. He has many needs both physical and spiritual. Please pray for him and for his many medical needs. He is diabetic as is his mom. He has asthma and is recovering from skin grafts in his private area. He is unable to walk and has fluid built up in his lungs. He is bedridden and is trying desperately to avoid sores. He is hungry for visitors and is amazed when we shared that so many have been praying for him. God is good.
I could have taken the easy road and sat by the pool that day. Praise God, he is persistant with us. Instead of being comfortable, I spent the afternoon in a small, hot stinky room talking of heavenly matters, praying with a hunger man (spiritually) and loving every minute of it. Is there something God is asking you to do that you don't feel like doing..........go for it. You could have your socks blessed off too.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Don't you love how God does that for us when we are obedient!
I will be praying for Juan also.
blessings to you and your family.
love,
Joanne