domingo, 6 de enero de 2008

The beauty of new birth.......




Saturday God allowed me to go back to the Cadereyta. I haven't been in about two months. I was able to go with a family spending the end of their Christmas vacation on a mission trip with B2B. We were able (with the help of money given to the ministry) buy much needed diapers and formula for 25 babies all under a year of age. Here are just a few pictures of these babies. The first picture is actually of the grandmother holding her 14 day old grandson. The next mother has her 6 month old baby, who happens to be the youngest of 8 children. It explains a lot if she looks tired. She is. The last mother is Nuri. You have heard me speak and ask for prayer for Nuri. She is the last mother with her just one month old baby, Jose Angel. Jose Angel was being shy at first which is why I had to add the next picture of only him. As exciting as new babies are, I am excited and keep praying for the faith and possible new births in Christ for all of these women. Will you join me in praying for Nuri, Mari, Bartolla, and other mothers to know Christ's love that helps us with life.
Just a side note. When we went to Nuri's house, she wasn't there but we left our goodies there inside her home. She came home just five minutes after we had moved on. Her neighbors told her of our visit and she can walking down the road to show her son to us. Many visits I have seen Nuri distant and not very responsive. Today was very different and she seemed well. She was seeking us out which is a great sign that despite my poor Spanish I have a friendship with her. Any and all prayers are so welcome on behalf of this fifteen year old mom.

1 comentario:

the ewings dijo...

So wonderful to see Nuri and her sweet baby! She does look happy and joyful!!! Love the new life and great friendships you've made but just caring. How is Nuri's family life situation, better? Miss you and love you!
-Chris