domingo, 24 de abril de 2011

Overcoming inconviences






Sometimes I can get a wild hair idea in my head that Satan loves to shoot down. At times I sadly listen to him as he tells me "it can't be done" or "You don't have what it takes to pull it off." This weekend the Lord helped me fight those lies and our weekend was full of joy and excitement. We had the privilege to invite some boys to our house that didn't have a place to go for vacation. We were blessed to start Thursday night with 6 boys that ranged in ages from 4 to 15. Friday morning three of the boys were picked up to spend time with their family. We were excited for them as it was unexpected. Then four more boys spent some time with us and at one time we had 13 boys in our house. By the second night we had just three more than our three. We so enjoyed getting to know them. We swam, played video games, table games, movies, etc. I never would have guessed that WWE could bind boys of two cultures. Our boys spoke a lot of Spanish as did Greg and I. I loved hearing laughter come from all over the house. Sometimes what God calls us to do (like bring 6 boys home for the weekend) doesn't make sense. But what He calls us to do He equips us to complete. This Easter weekend was far from convenient but it was great and we are blessed because of spending time with these boys.

No hay comentarios: