jueves, 14 de abril de 2011

Being available........






Sometimes God does things that makes no sense. This happened to me recently. I have for the past four years been spending time weekly in a poor community. The past three years in Meme's Rio. They have been my second family. The end of last year and beginning of this year, I felt the Lord pulling me out of that ministry to help my husband in his ministry with a children's home called Manantial de Amor and to be available for our three boys. Our boys are 14, soon to be 12 and 10 years old. When I first felt God pulling me away from these families I know and love so well, it was hard. With heels dug in deeply I resisted. Then different home situations came up and felt grateful to God in preparing me to be at home to hear, love on and support my boys. You see I was caught up in serving but I was neglecting my calling as a Mom and a wife. Not that I can't be all but at this time I heard God pulling me back. Simplifying my life. I'm an extrovert and love the action. My personality is that of independence and challenge. God is showing me that I can have that in my life no matter where he puts me. I love how the Lord has placed me to be in the ministry only He has called me to do. No one else can be my kid's Mom, not like he intends me to be. Praise God for adopted Moms and foster Moms. But for my kids God has called me to be their Mom. I'm grateful for the wake up call not to orphan my own children at the sake of caring for the orphan child. As a result, the boys and I are finding ways to minister together and in someways supporting them to minister apart from Greg and I.
I really wanted to write this to encourage Moms who might think life is better for everyone else or who is feeling like what they do isn't important. I also want to write to Mom's who God may also be nudging to make a change. You will find joy in obedience. No matter what the cost, the pay off is so much greater. Its been a difficult transition, but so well worth it too.