jueves, 17 de febrero de 2011

A blessing for our kids......off with the old, on with the new





Recently the tree outside of our house out grew the house that was used by the staff kids and visiting kids. It died a slow death with boards slowly pulling away from the tree, the floor was sagging and the ladder more and more shaky as kids ascended and descended. You see the tree began to grow and the house didn't. Leaving the house to slowly loss its foundation and stability. It became vulnerable to the slightest of pressure. As I saw the hard work of my husband, my boys, the staff kids and other staff (pictured with Greg is Lonnie Clouse, B2B staff), I was reminded that I too need to evaluate my Christian life. God wants to continue to grow me and in doing so I need to tear off and build a new. Recently I've had to examine myself and some of the lies I have believed in. Lies that Satan has used to limit my views of God. That I'm only valuable if I'm doing "good" things. That I need to justify myself to be worth anything and so others would like me, often covering over my sin. I've had to take off those old boards and put up new ones. Like that of God is most interested in my relationship with Him not what I do for Him. That He will give me the strength to do what He calls me to through the gift of the Holy Spirit. Is it time for your house to grow? Is God asking you to take off the old and put on the new?

No hay comentarios: