jueves, 4 de noviembre de 2010

Saying thanks for working so hard for the Lord






One day as I was talking with Meme, she mentioned to me how she really didn't know the city that well. Even though she had lived in Monterrey a good part of her life, that she had never been downtown. She had either stayed in her community or traveled to work and back. That's when I had an idea to take her and her family to a park downtown. As I spoke with Hope, another staff from B2B who works with me at Rio 1, she asked if we could take Meme and Anita and their families since they both have been consistent workers at the soup kitchen for so long. Over the summer, one church gave Meme money to do something just for her. We used a little of this to make this fun outing happen. Sooo, last Sunday we took Meme's 9 (2 adult kids, spouses and grandchildren, and Anita's 3 and headed to Parque Fundidora. We took a picnic, and ate while the kids enjoyed the playground and then all went on a boat ride. It was such a blessing. I loved watching the kids play and marvel as we traveled down the canal in the tour boat. I loved hearing the laughing in my car. It was fun to eat chicken and tease with one another. And at the end of the day, they gave back to us as Hope and I both got to take a horseback ride as Angel, Meme's son helped us. What a great day.

No hay comentarios: