miércoles, 15 de septiembre de 2010

Holding On......sometimes ends in a mess


This is Marcos. Recently we blew bubbles together. I purposely held the bubbles so they wouldn't spill. After just a short bit it became quite apparent that he wanted to hold the bubbles. I started out with a simple "No". However our struggle grew and I realized this little guy was quite determined. So I began my explanation of what could happen if I gave him the bubble bottle. He seemed unimpressed and kept fighting me for the bubbles. As stubborn as I can be, I finally caved and let him have the bubbles and just like I expected he spilled the bubbles all down the front of his shirt as the bottle fell to the ground spilling out on the ground around it.
Later that night God brought this back to my memory. As I recalled the sequence of events, He spoke these truths to my heart. Often I am like Marcos, wanting so badly to hold onto a situation, a relationship, control over my loved ones, a career, whatever it may be. As long as it is in the Lord's hands, I can dip my wand in the bubbles and enjoy. However the moment I grab things back and take control things begin to get messy. I find if I try and manipulate the situation around me when I know God is wanting differently things get messy. I've seen it in my teen years when I wanted a relationship to last longer even after God told me to let it go, or when I thought I knew making more money would make me happier and it didn't, and now wishing things were different with my mom and not wanting to feel the hurt. God wants differently. He wants to be in control and asks me to trust. Who's holding the bubbles in your life?

No hay comentarios: