miércoles, 15 de septiembre de 2010

The blessing of being remembered......



This week I had the opportunity to pass on letters, photos and small gifts to some kids at a children's home near our apartment. The first boy is all of four years old and is cute as can be. I showed him the letter from my friend that had his photo with her on it. He is too little to read and especially not english. But as soon as he saw the photo he smiled and pointed at my friend. As I asked if he remembered her, he grinned from ear to ear and said yes. He listened intently as I attempted to translate the letter. He couldn't have been happier. As he sat there holding the letter, his face reflected contentment on being remembered. After some pictures and a quick video of him saying "tank you and I luv you", with a little coaching from Caroline, another B2B staff, I went to find a little girl for whom I also had things.
This girl is older, I'm guessing 8 or so. As we find her, I pull out the things another friend gave me to give to her. This included a photo album with the girl and my friend and my friend's family. She thumbed through the pages, her smile growing with every turn. She had very few words but as she walked off, she headed straight for her friends to tell them that she had been remembered. What a powerful witness to a child at a children's home. God loves you so much that He sent someone to play with you for a day, couple of days, a week. Then a time much later you receive word from them. They remembered you. Its a message that you are special. Its a message that you are loved. It's the message of Jesus Christ offers to all of us as we face what we deserve death, but He says you I remembered as I died on the cross for you and rose again so that you can live with me now and forever. I remembered you.....

No hay comentarios: