miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2010

The boys elaborate tree house and my bay window....



When Greg and I were dating, he took me back to Indiana University for a fun trip down memory lane. We were walking all over campus, when we came to a building that I remembered. I told him I wanted to show him a bay window that I often sat in it to study or just day dream. It was located on the 2nd floor and as we turned the stairs into full view, to my embarrassment I saw that it was only a radiator at the base of a window it was not a bay window at all. In my romantic imagination it was this plush and elaborate bay window.
I recently was called by my boys to come look at their tree house. I imagined a floor, walls , a roof and perhaps a window. When I came to the window I saw pieces of wood that had been nailed in this tree at different levels. What I saw was far from a tree house but to them it was an elaborate get away.
This has me thinking of the Christian life, often I don't have eyes that can see the vision that God has for people. Where I see a lazy person, a sinner,or a bully, God sees potential. He sees an adopted son or daughter. He sees the creation He has made them to be. Sometimes in my prayers for justice or for others I disregard people for bad, evil or ones that God needs to do away with. However if I'm honest with myself, that could be me. God is showing me to have his eyes, his eyes to see that bay window, the tree house or that potential believer or adopted son of God. My prayers are changing. They are changing from asking God to give them what they deserve to asking The Lord to bring them to Himself. We all are undeserving. Lord, give me your eyes.......

No hay comentarios: