jueves, 28 de mayo de 2009

Shelter..... in sunshine and in the storm

It rained last night. You know that hard rain, with lightening and thunder. We happened to go out with another couple during the storm. Our boys were left with Ben watching them. Sure enough after we saw the first lightening strike our phone rang. It was our boys. They were concerned of their safety with the lightening and loud thunder. As Greg spoke to them, I heard him explain that they were safe in the house. They had a shelter. By the tone of one of our boy's voice I knew he was having a hard time believing it. I was reflecting on this and realizing this is what I've done recently. I've been praying for God to work this summer then I get up and start doing what's on my to do list. I begin to worry and wonder, will God come through. I forget the shelter He has for us. I forget the rest I can have in him if I dwell. Recently I've been praying scripture. Its been a great practice for me. God is giving me His words and I am praying He will bring me alongside of them to believing His promises and trusting in who He is.
"For he who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalms 91:1-2

Lord, help me in my life to remember the shelter you offer me. Help me to trust you and to rest in your shadow this summer.
Amen

No hay comentarios: