martes, 10 de febrero de 2009

I'm choosing not to show you a picture I took.


Yesterday I went to the Rio with a friend of mine named Carter. Carter is a doctor and he was seeing quite a few sick people. All with colds, viruses or bacterial infections. He handed out medicine and we spent the afternoon talking, laughing and asking him medical questions. At the end of our time there, a woman mentioned that some people involved in witchcraft left a doll in the field across the way. This being so foreign to me I went to check it out. It was explained to me that the night before a car pulled up and parked in the field. It was dark and the people at the Rio were unsure of who it was and what they wanted. Fear and concern began to grow in the Rio. After a little time Meme decided that by themselves each woman in their own home was just frightened and unable to do anything. So Meme called her neighbors and had them come together to confront the car. As they did they saw a woman and a man passed out in the car without any clothes on. They woke them up and scared them off. That was about one in the morning. The next morning in the field the people in the rio found a rubbery like doll with two heads and a substance that was supposed to look like blood (not sure if it was)on it. Since it had been several hours when I had seen it there were ants all over the thing. When I asked Meme what it was and why it was there, she stated that it was to scare people at the rio. I had taken a picture of it but decided to erase it from my camera. As much as I was curious and thought of sharing it with you, I realized that I was just perpetuating the purpose of the doll. I have been praying for the people of Meme's rio ever since. This is just a little of what the families are fighting against. I have been thinking of all the kids that play in that field. The image that burns in my memory are in theirs as well. I have prayed that Jesus would take captive that image not just in my mind but the minds of those little ones as well. I pray for protection and strength. I pray those people know that He who is in us is stronger that he who is in the world. Would you pray with me.
So posted here is the photo worth posting. The woman that fight the enemy on a daily basis. Pray for these women, children and men.

1 comentario:

the ewings dijo...

Praying for the Rio! There is so much God is doing there, not too surprised with Satan trying to spoil it. Greater is He who is in us then he who is in the world!
-Chris