viernes, 13 de febrero de 2009

Hurt People Hurt People

A fight broke out before Sunday school class a couple weeks ago. These two boys couldn't be more than 8 years old. Two other women from Back2Back helped peal them apart. The class was chaotic at best. There was a spirit of anger in the air. More than those two boys threw punches at each other. After the class was over these two went at it again. My friend Mandy was able to peal them apart and she stayed with the instigator. Christy, another friend took the other boy and cared for him. Mandy tells how she was praying about what to say to this boy and gave him a hug. In her arms he just broke down crying. Mandy asked his name and he responded "Carlos". Carlos cried for 5 minutes hard without letting up. On hearing this my heart melted as I remembered my frustration throughout the class wondering if the kids were really getting anything. I'm quick to get angry with those kids who always pick fights and often don't take the time to remember that they are hurting too and need the love of Jesus just as much as the others. Some times when my flesh wants to fight back and get angry I need to listen to the Spirit to see if he wants me to embrace that kid, my son, my neighbor, or anyone else who hurts me. Perhaps we can be the arms of Christ by embracing someone that is hurting us.

No hay comentarios: