jueves, 28 de agosto de 2008

An unlikely opportunity or God's Plan........

This week I was with a friend when we got into a fender bender. Here in Mexico when you get into an accident, typically you call the police, and both insurance companies who send out an agent to the scene to estimate the cost and begin your claim. It seems like a great system but can take a lot of time. Once my friend's husband came on the scene I knew I needed to lay low so I sat down on the sidewalk and struck up a conversation with Danielle, a second grader who was one of four children in the other car on her way to school. We began talking of school and where she lived. She mentioned that she lived near the church she attends and the conversation continued like this.
Danielle: "I live real close to my church where I learn stuff."
Me: "Really, what kind of stuff do you learn?"
Danielle: "How to have good behavior and clean my heart."
Me: "How do you clean your heart?"
D: "By having good behavior."
Me: "Did you know that only Jesus cleans hearts?"
D: "No.
And I was able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with her. How awesome that God can turn an inconvenience of a car accident, into an opportunity to share Him with a second grader. When I was done, Danielle said "oh, cool." (chido in Spanish) and skipped back to her mom. I don't know what kind of impact it made on her, but God planted a seed. It was fun to be apart. Praise God.

No hay comentarios: