martes, 26 de agosto de 2008

This is Ben, our eldest son


He is now 11 years old however when he was just a baby, I remember he was having difficulty getting to sleep one night. He cried and cried. I knew that he would fall to sleep however I needed to put it in God's hands. I wanted to go and rock him to sleep however I was trying to teach him to fall asleep on his own. There was nothing I could physically do for him but give my hurt to God and know He knew what was good for him. He soon learned to sleep well and we all benefited from it. However I remember the Lord nugging my heart and saying this won't be the last time you have difficulty giving me things you have no control over.
Recently I have had a burden for things I have no control over. Friends who have struggled with illness for more time than I can keep track of, a marriage that is being threated, a teen who can't find a way to love herself enough to allow others to care and love her, a church going through the difficult of all circumstances....... Sometimes it seems like sadness and evil prevails. Sometimes it seems that we can't tread water, it just keeps coming.
John 16:33 says "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, But take heart, I have overcome the world."
I don't know how all these things are going to turn out. Quite frankly if I think on them too long they can depress me. At times like these I find myself on my couch, with my Bible in my hand and I pray the many promises of the Lord. He has overcome the world. He knows what we are facing. None of this surprises Him. He promises us the following and I shall hold on to these
-answered prayers -life
-change -love
-comfort -peace
-completion -presence
-courage - purpose
-deliverence -strength
-forgiveness -victory
-grace -wisdom
-guidance

Praise God. As I am praying for those things I am burdened with today, I pray for any of you who might be experiencing these things as well. "Seek the Lord while He may be found, call on Him while He is near." Isaiah 55:6

No hay comentarios: