martes, 1 de diciembre de 2009

Praise God for how He is working in our community

Three people in our community accepted Christ last week. About a month ago, my friend Norma told me about a family whose husband has muscular dystrophy, both arms are atrophied and he can not breath well. As a result he is unable to work. He and his wife has three young girls. (6,4 y.o and under a year). The wife can work however only four hours with an aunt and she makes tamales in the house in front of their house. Last week was the third time visiting them. I was bringing food, and a Bible for them and books for their girls. I was suppose to go with two other friends of mine but when it was time to go they were unable to go as well. I was silently praying if God had someone else in mind and a women on a group here was walking towards my car as God was saying take her. My friend has had a chronic illness for many years now. She has a strong testimony that I have seen God use in might ways. So I asked her to go and she quickly agreed. Sparing you all the details, the Lord encouraged this man and his family through my friend. He looked at us the whole time, something I've not seen in him before. He seemed to relate and I believe God spoke to him through her. At the end of her testimony, the Aunt said "Did they tell you we accepted Christ on Monday?" Wow, I was so excited as they had told me before that they were Catholics but didn't believe Christ to be their savior. The aunt has a daughter who is a strong Christian and had been sharing and praying for them. We closed in prayer for healing and for growth in their faith. My friend Norma (who introduced me to this family) told me later how God used my friend's testimony and how he felt touched with prayer. She also reports that He has read the bible a lot since last Sat. Praise God. Please continue to pray for him and his family. I plan to meet with the wife and I have a staff man to meet with him weekly. I'm excited for what God will do in their lives. Amen. Sorry no photo but I don't want to make him feel self conscience.

No hay comentarios: