viernes, 27 de noviembre de 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Meme and Hope in from of the Thanksgiving Tree (Arbol de Accion de Gracias)
The group provided a great feast of Pollo Loco
I give thanks to the Lord for this life.
I give thanks to God for the food each day and for my family and my children.
Thanks for creating me.
Thanksgiving to me is about being with family and giving thanks. I was unable to be with family from the states and even my own family here because I was scheduled to work. In a way I was able to be with "family" as the people of the Rio have become my second family. As we planned for the Rio, Hope had a great idea to explain our thanksgiving holiday and do a little activity. I tried with my Spanish to explain about the first thanksgiving and that as well as join together for a meal, the pilgrims and indians also took time out to give thanks for all God has given us. Hope then asked everyone to participate in a thanksgiving tree activity. Everyone was asked to take a leaf and write about for what they were thankful. I'd love to share a few with you. One said "I give you thanks for creating me." Another one read, " I give thanks to God for this life." As each leaf went on the tree, Meme read them off and I was reminded how big God is and how much He cares for us. Lord, I thank you for my family, the food you give us each day, for the sunsets and all the beauty in your creation. I think I need to make a thanksgiving tree everyday.

2 comentarios:

Katie dijo...

I'm so happy you are all carrying on a Housh tradition in Mexico! :)

Anónimo dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.