domingo, 12 de julio de 2009

please pray for Janet and her baby

A woman from the Rio named Janet (not Meme's daughter) delivered her baby prematurely on Friday. She began losing fluid on Monday and chose not to go into the hospital even though doctors told her she should. On Friday she woke up to blood and has rushed to the hospital. After arriving her husband and mother were told to wait in a large waiting room to meet with a social worker about how they were to pay for her stay. After 2 hours of waiting, they spoke to a social worker and recieved Janet's clothing in a bag. They waited some more. After 3 1/2 hours they were called into a room and were told that Janet gave birth to a baby girl who couldn't breathe on her own and to prepare for the worse. As Meme and I stood listening I thought. I know many people who were born prematurely and did quite well. Many with breathing issues. But I didn't know if I could offer her those comforting words as I wasn't sure what kind of care was available to her. As we stood there in the hospital hallway we bowed our heads and humbly prayed knowing that God was in control. I found myself bothered that not everyone is offered the best treatment available. Some don't seek help because they know they can not afford it. Please pray with me for the health of this little one.

No hay comentarios: