martes, 29 de julio de 2008

I really appreciate our directors, Beth and Todd


Being a solo pastor at a church for eight years, allowed Greg and I to really appreciate the role that Beth and Todd Guckenberger play as directors here at B2B in Monterrey. We understand that as a leader many people have suggestions for you and often don't include the ones giving the suggestion to be part of the solutions. They carry many burdens, juggle more than I can imagine, pray more than I will ever know, lead, guide and trust in others to come alongside what God has called them to. There isn't enough time of space to spell out how God uses them both, however I want to take a little time to share with you a thing that happened with Todd today. Please know that I could easily share about Beth as well. Anyway, today at the Rio, things began as usual. We prepared a meal for people in the Rio, a group invited them to come. Our group began with a few praise songs and it was time for testimonies. It soon became apparent that the group did not what to share with the kids there. As I informed Todd of this he sprung into action. Before I knew it Todd had a game of duck, duck, goose, Simone dice (Simon says), follow the leader among other games as we played in the blaring heat while the group shared their testimonies with the women in the shade. I was to be in charge of the time at the Rio and he could have easily thrown it back on me. However see me struggle with what to do, he picked up the ball and ran with it never looking back or down on me because of it. I appreciate a working boss, one that isn't above skipping with children (see the photo). I praise God for how He continues to use both Beth and Todd. I'm grateful for his willingness to skip today in the heat.
Gracias Todd.

No hay comentarios: