jueves, 10 de noviembre de 2011

Ministered by my mentee........

For over a year now I've been meeting with a teenage girl who is in our Hope Program. We often meet together to talk about it "all". Sometimes relationships, boyfriends, friends, family, school life, the usual "goings on". dreams and admirations. We pray sometimes talk about Scripture. I've come to really enjoy her and often look forward to our time together. Recently I had been going through a spiritual low. Like I have had a cloud over my head. Spiritually attacked I have struggled with my time with the Lord and holding up my commitments. One night I was suppose to attend a staff women party and really felt so sad that I new that if I had gone I was going to cry without the ability to hold it together. So I didn't go. However the rest of my family had things to do. I found myself alone and really feeling sorry for myself. Then she came to the door. My mentee. She came in and immediately knew I had been crying. After asking me how I was and hearing me out, she prayed with me. She encouraged me by sharing a time where she had fallen away from the Lord. At that time, God spoke to her in the shower encouraging her to spend time with Him. When she did she was covered with the peace of Jesus Christ. She prayed for me and my relationship with Jesus. After she left I knew that night I had been the mentee and she was the mentor. Praise God for how He uses us. I think that night we both felt blessed for the relationship that God has given to us.

No hay comentarios: