lunes, 20 de junio de 2011

Hearing Him when He speaks.......



I often think that I hear from God most when I am out in nature. When I see the beauty in the mountains or a gorgeous sunset. S lot like these pictures my son, Ben took. About a week ago, God showed me a new beauty and spoke to me through it. It happened as we were in extended worship. Every Wednesday night we have taken to having a time of worship and prayer that has lasted anywhere from an hour to three. It has been a time of reflection, of prayer and just listening to the Lord. One extended worship night, I was praying and asking the Lord to take me where He wanted. To help me pray for others. He directed me to a girl that walked past me and stated go after her.
I didn't know her and responded in my head with something like."really? talk with her? I don't know her (like he didn't already know this, ha).
He responded in my head. "Tell her "I've got this.'"
I remember thinking "What? Really? No scripture or something? This isn't sounding too spiritual." More mental discussion went on in my head until I finally went to tell her.
" Uhh, this is going to sound weird, but I think God wants me to tell you that "I've got this". Does that make sense to you??"
I felt my face squinting like I was preparing for ridicule.
Instead she says to me. " Actually that is the second sign that God has givien me and it was said in the language that I would speak."
Again in my head I'm asking now what do I do. I felt the Lord telling me "that's all"
As I returned again, He tells me to turn to the staff member that I was with and tell her how happy I am with what I've called her to do. As I share with her, she says. The timing of this message is perfect. I feeling down about what He has asked me to do. Thanks for the encouragement.
I feel encouraged too as He chose to speak to me in away I have never experienced before. Because I was listening and I obeyed I experienced a joy I can not express. I don't know if He will ever use me like that but I stand amazed. Amazed because I know that He could speak directly to both people but he used me to teach me to listen, trust and obey. I have tasted and I want more.

No hay comentarios: