martes, 27 de octubre de 2009

weekend fun and prayer request


This weekend Greg and Ben had a father/son weekend in McAllen, Tx. Which allowed Luke ,Mark and myself to enjoy some good time together. We had a great time with sleepovers in our family room. Some times in ministry its all about the urgent needs of others. Don't get me wrong, I love what we do and feel called to where we serve. This weekend God reminded me of another calling I had long before this one and that is to serve my family. God is teaching me about praying through how I use my time when a need arises. Do I serve to be doing or am I doing the will of God? If I'm really truthful many times I serve to feel good, to say "look what I did, " instead of seeking what God would have me do. Instead of seeing how God would fill a need, meet a person where they are, praying and following God's lead. This past weekend we also had the opportunity to watch 5 kids of a staff family here as they took their youngest to the hospital. We had a blast with the Cooper kids. I'm impressed how they play with girls. Sounds funny to write but true. Will you lift Caleb Cooper up in prayer. Today is the 4th day he is in the hospital. They are looking at the his ankle, did a bone biopsy. No true answers yet. Thank you for your prayers.

No hay comentarios: