domingo, 17 de febrero de 2008

The prayer of a righteous man.....

is powerful and effective. ' James 5: 16b Today our family was asked to come to our church early so that the people of our spanish speaking church here could pray for us specifically. We went and we were deeply blessed. About 10 people (one that we really knew well) had spent the week praying for requests that they asked us for earlier. They each took turns laying hands on us and praying. I remember being excited to write to you about my experience but as I am faced with putting it into words I am at a loss. True their way of praying is different than my Presbyterian background however I found myself embracing it immediately as the genuiness was so evident. I was touched as one woman prayed for my boys. One at a time touching their heads and saying their names. As a mother nothing could be more special. As one man knelt and placed his hands over Greg and mine as he lifted us up in prayer. With my improving Spanish some words were clear. They prayed that God would clean our hearts that we would be used by Him in the Casa Hogars and with the children. They prayed for protection of our marriage and for our children. Other things were not easily understood however I was touched just the same. Prayer in any language is powerful. I could see the faith in these people. I knew that it not only touched Greg and I but our children too. Even though when we asked Ben what he thought, his first answer was that it was like when he and his brothers have an arguement with everyone talking and no one listening. We reassured him that it where this was different as God indeed was listening. Ben agreed. I was encouraged to pray more. To pray boldly and to seek people out and ask specifically how I can pray for them. So tell me, how can I pray for you. God takes joy in it. We must pray often and believe that God will do what He says He will do. " And when we ask, we must believe and not doubt. Because he who doubts is like a wave on the sea. Blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not believe he will recieve anything for the Lord. He is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." James 1:6-8
Join me in praying more will you.

No hay comentarios: